Please thoroughly wash, dry and straighten your hair the morning of the fitting. Leave hair free from any products- shine oil, gel, hairspray etc.
Ideally your hair should be a minimum of 3-4 inches. If your hair is shorter I may still be able to work with it, I need to ensure you have enough hair to hold the extensions. If your hair is shorter than this, it is strongly advised not to fit extensions longer than 16”. The longer your hair, the easier it will be to integrate the extensions.
If a face to face consultation is not possible, feel free to send us a sample of your hair so we can colour match it perfectly, ensure to get a reasonable amount of hair ideally from the ends so I can get a more precise match to the overall colour of your hair. Get ready for all the compliments you are about to have regarding your long, thick glamorous hair!!
It is strongly advised that you don’t wash your hair for at least 48 hours after having your hair extensions fitted; this is because the bonds need time to set to avoid hair shedding from the bonds in the future.
- Please wash your hair 2-3 times per week.
- Keeping the hair clean will help keep the extensions in place. Please take care when washing your hair, use gentle force on the roots and ensure to thoroughly clean away any grease and product build up.- (these will only act as a lubricant resulting in loss of the bond)·
- Always use a good quality and condition the hair with every wash. It is vital however that you do not get conditioner on the actual bonds; this will act as a lubricant and result in the extension slipping out of the hair.·
- Remember to always take good care of your hair, gently dry it and do not take any shortcuts when caring for it.
- Hair extensions last longer and look better when taken proper care of.
- Great care must be taken when brushing your hair, you must section the hair and brush starting from the bottom loosening any knots whilst ensuring to hold the roots, this will stop pulling and strain to the hair extension strands.
- It is advisable to do your hair into a loose plait when sleeping, this will minimise tangling and knotting when you sleep.
- You can style your hair extensions just as you would with your normal hair, you can straighten, curl, blow-dry, dye, crimp and cut them.
- It is strongly advised that you have a maintenance appointment halfway during your extension period e.g. 4-6 weeks. This will allow us to look at your hair to see how you are getting along with the extensions and to remove and replace any loosened bonds to ensure that you can keep your extensions in for longer. If you don’t come in for maintenance, we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your hair, as it is your responsibility to look after them properly using our aftercare guide for advice.
- Hair extensions should be kept in for no longer than 3 months at a time; this is because when they grow out too long, it is easy for them to become matted.
- Removal is completely safe and does no damage to your own hair.
- You may find that immediately after having your hair extensions fitted, they may feel uncomfortable when sleeping where the bonds have been attached; this usually disappears after about 4-5 days where you will hardly notice them. Please persevere with them and you will notice the results!·
- To have hair extensions, you must be willing to take care of them properly, they need careful washing, conditioning, brushing and straightening to avoid any damage.
- It is perfectly normal to experience itching on the scalp area.
- You will find you will lose bonds, remember you have anything up to 300bonds in at a time, some people may lose 1 some may lose up to 20bonds in the time period.
- Keep hold of them and we can re apply them at maintenance.
- Please note. It is not normal to lose a large amount of bonds. You need to read through the above information and ensure you are doing everything properly and not cutting any corners. The main reason for loosening and loss of bonds is incorrect brushing; forcing a brush through knotted hair will put strain on the hair extension strand pulling it out of the hair completely. If care is not taken, matting of the root area will occur- if this happens an extra charge will incur upon removal as more time and effort will be needed do de-matt the hair.
Q: How Long does your hair have to be to apply hair extensions?
A: Your hair ideally needs to be around 4 inches long, e.g. long enough to get into a ponytail.
Q: How long do hair extensions last for?
A: Up to 3months. You will need 1 maintenance appointment at about 4-6 weeks to reposition and tighten loose rings where I will also replace lost strands.
Q: Will they damage my hair?
A: NO! The hair extension strands, if applied properly, will not damage hair. As long as you follow the aftercare no pulling or damage will occur to your natural hair.
Q: Can I style them with heated appliances?
A: Yes, you may style them just as you would with your own hair, curl, straighten or blow-dry them etc.
Q: Can I dye them?
A: Yes it is possible to dye them, just do not get dye directly on the hair extension strands. Always do a strand test first as the hair my colour differently to your natural hair. Any damage caused to the hair extensions due to dying the hair will not be covered by myself, and you will have to pay to have these removed and new ones fitted.
Q: How long will it take to apply hair extensions?
A: This depends on the client’s hair and the thickness of it. Please allow a good 3 hours for your appointment.
Q: Will they make my natural hair thinner?
A: Absolutely not! Without noticing, on average we lose between 50-100 hairs a day, but when you have hair extensions fitted in, it will be less noticeable so when it comes to having them removed you may find some of your natural hair is coming out, this is because it has been held in place by the bonds. You may think that your hair feels thinner afterwards but this is because you will be so used to having thicker hair from the extensions.
Q: Can I go swimming with them?
A: You can go swimming with them; however activities like swimming can dry out the hair extensions so it is advisable to wear a swimming cap. If you do go swimming please ensure to thoroughly wash and dry the hair extensions properly afterwards as they can get knotted.